First off Richard Beck
email@example.com at Becks Armory is a great guy to work with. The mounts are hand crafted in America with quality materials. All mounting hardware except the wood screws was also included. The wood screws to mount the rear bracket to my bench are not included because the thickness of my bench was unknown to Richard. My mounts were packed VERY well and received quickly after shipment.
Richard also said he can create custom mounts based on the same design. I just need to send him the measurements. I might get one made for my RCBS Accessory Base Plate. That will be a separate post 🙂
Here is a link to directly to the bracket I got: .
Below is a quick post of what I did to get it mounted.
First thing I did was mount the brace. I used ½ inch wood screws to get the job done.
Then I drilled the bottom 2 holes from back to front.
I held the mount in front and placed the 2 bottom bolts into the before mentioned holes. Made sure it was level and marked the top 2 holes as shown above and drilled them out. Then mounted it up.
When I do it again, I will make a jig with the hole pattern and drill the holes out that way. Don’t know why I didn’t think of that till after the fact.
Here is a shot with the press mounted.
I just got the Bald Eagle 9 Liter Ultrasonic Cleaner, BE1167 for $375.00 without shipping. Regular list price is $650.00. I have been wanting a large ultrasonic cleaner for a while. I was looking at the Hornady Lock-N-Load Hot Tub for Sonic Cleaner 043310 as it has a great feature set, it is just above my budget.
The Bald Eagle comes with the same features and accessories including the hanging cords:
All closed up:
I will post updates as I start using it more.
Eagle (Grizzly) Web Site
Lock-N-Load Web Site
Bald Eagle 9 Liter Ultrasonic Cleaner, BE1167 User Manual (I scanned it)
First thing I need to do is clean the brass before I de-prime it.
Here is a before shot:
Added 30 rounds to each drum, added water and 1 TSP
Lemi Shine powder:
Started them spinning for about an hour:
I have the ultrasonic cleaner as well so I thought I would give it a shot same recipe as above, 30 rounds, 2 sets of 8 minutes with heat.
Here we have the results:
Left = Ultrasonic
Center = Before
Right = Tumbler
All with only Lemi Shine. They both look good to me.
Then I bake them at 150 for 5 minutes
Another shot after the first cleaning. Bottom ultrasonic, top tumbler:
Set Reload – Beginners guide to Handloading
RCBS Intro to Handloading
I followed the below:
IN each tumbler drum I put:
1 ½ lb of stainless steel media (at the most)
About 1 lb of brass
Water up to the lip or just below
Lemi-shine (1/4 teaspoon)
Squirt of Dawn (enough that when you open the drum you see soap suds)
Tumble for 2 hours.
Here is a shot of the brass from above:
After using the updated method:
Installed portable Air Conditioners not only to keep things cool but to drop the humidity as well.
First I cut a 4 inch hole in the wall for the exhaust, hit a 2×6 on my first attempt…
Put a vent cover on, sealed and painted it up:
The exhaust pipes on these 2 units gets VERY hot. They might heat the room more than the unit cools it. I bought some insulated ducting and ran the exhaust pipe through it:
It worked! It is not cold, but it is probably 75% cooler.
One of the first things we did was run power for the lights. I decided to do switched plugs, that way if I wanted to change or add more light I just needed to attach a cord and plug in.
I ran 3 – 20amp circuits in the Shop:
Hung the lights and fan in the office area:
Then ran 2 circuits Back and side. Both are shown here. You can see the hole in the side circuit, I will be adding plugs to the desk area when I build it.
Thats it for now. I will post some stuff on the AC later…
Working on the walls and ceiling. We decided to go with 6 inch tongue and groove. Is was easy to install for the wife and me. We started in the office:
We are starting at the bottom and not going all the way up with our drywall until the ceiling is finished. We are trying to be productive with what we have on hand.
We insulated the dividing wall to help with noise reduction and climate control:
Then we started with the shop:
Closed up the drywall in the office:
Finished up in the Shop and store room:
Still need to float and tape, but the heavy lifting is done.
We got the interior framing done. We started with the external walls:
Then we added the fire breaks: Thanks to the guys on MeWe for helping me decide to add them.
Next we added the slats to the ceiling:
We got the spray foam done in between things
Got the interior office/man cave wall built. It is 15 feet in and the entire 30 foot length.
And here is the 10×10 storage room:
Next up ceiling and ceiling
Got the spray foam done. Glad I added the fire breaks. Here are a couple shots
Sorry, out of order. This was done before the skinning, I just forgot to post.
Before we get the cement poured, we need to stub in the electrical. We are ‘splicing into the barn power for this:
And then the cement was poured:
Here is a little stop motion: