Started by getting the site nice and level with some dirt:
then added 6-8 inches of crushed concrete:
Ready for framing!
Another draft document. Have a look and leave comments so I can make it better. HERE is a link to the pdf.
HERE is a copy of the shooting Log Book I am trying to put together
Let me know what you think by posting comments
Shooters Log Book Notes.
Started building the new range. Started by planting the back 6×6 treated posts.
A little while later, added 2 more on both sides.
Then we started stacking the ties.
A little over half way done.
Got some more done today:
Cut the excess off the top:
We used 10 inch screws to secure the ties to the posts:
I will be using the excess cut from the top to make braces for the back:
Got the angles on the 6×6’s
Planted the support 4×4’s four feet deep and concreted in.
Back Finished up:
I added 2 leftover ties to the inside corners:
Dropped in some dirt:
Going to push it back, this is where we are for now:
Got it pushed back:
Think we are ready to shoot! We will continually make improvements but I think the major work is done.
screen -r (Session from ls)
CTL+A+SPACEBAR to go between sessions
I wanted to build a paint booth for the shop. I wanted it to help keep over spray down and provide at least a little ventilation. Here is what I cam up with.
I had a 4×8 sheet of hard board from another project. I measured everything out and cut it up:
In the back panel I drilled out some 2 and 3 inch holes in a 20×20 square. The same size as an air filter:
I then made a frame to hold a 20×20 AC filter. Again using scrap I had laying around:
I used Gorilla tape to hold it all together. The hard board is too thin to nail and if I needed to, I could cut the tape and lay it down.
Lastly, I added some lights and a lazy Suzann: